Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: What would you think if...

  1. #41
    Inactive Member SkimmedMilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 21st, 2000
    Posts
    658
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i would say we could do a bit of wife swapping but Ants doesnt do it for me.

  2. #42
    Inactive Member Chris GY's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i waited ages for a witty reply and thats what you gave me

  3. #43
    Inactive Member SkimmedMilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 21st, 2000
    Posts
    658
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hey, i tried, after all im only a common criminal.

  4. #44
    Inactive Member kitchen junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i think more the problem at the matrix is that you play the same music on wednesday as you did on saturday so people got bored easily. and in the old musician people cant avoid the music like they can at the matrix.

    N you say about people just playin pool at the matrix, wudnt people at the old musician if they had more tables cause both tables are always been used on a rock night.

    i think personal some of this is sour grapes

  5. #45
    Inactive Member DJ-Ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2000
    Posts
    2,130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    actually that is dead wrong..The music I played at Matrix was a lot different to Park Lane,as I never played a lot of the dancefloor stuff (aside from NFG,QOTSA and Foo Fighters) I played a lot of the older pop punk stuff such as Black Train Jac,Lagwagon etc on the saturdays,because it wasnt all requests,cos not enough people asked..so I catered for those who were up there like Dave H and co...

    The point about the pool is not moaning about peopel playing it...the club is heavily pool orientated,more cue world than a pub....

    Not having a dig..but this is the kind of stuff I get attacked with a lot and its simply not true at all.Saying its sour grapes is the easiest thing in the world to accuse and the hardest to refute,because now anything negative I say is viewed as such.
    May I remind you I am still working on some of the gigs anyway,the muso thing isnt an anti matrix thing in any way,its me doing what I do at a different venue...which I dont want to do if people arent interested,cos it simply is no fun at all.

    Its ironic that on one hand people give me shit for putting myself on a pedestal and making out I am something more than other djs,yet I seem to be the only one singled out about playing stuff regularly.Go to any night...most djs have setlists and only take a few requests,and play the same songs,in Gullivers case 3 times a week...I play two or three of the same ones and get called repetitive...its more than a little disheartening.

    Not a personal dig at you Kitchen Junkie,Im getting it a lot and most of the shit I get at the minute is either judgemental or ill informed and I am beginning to get moe than a little touchy about it....

  6. #46
    Inactive Member Sheriff John Bunell's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 29th, 2002
    Posts
    752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As if the song you play ruin peoples nights anyway, people just like to complain.

  7. #47
    Inactive Member spiritualized's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2002
    Posts
    154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DJ-Ants:
    I disagree...the atmosphere at Matrix is a load of people deliberately intimidating those who havent been around as long as them....all people do in Matrix is play pool all night.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    If you get intimidated by regulars then you deserve to be intimidated.

    The only time I'm in the Matrix is to play pool to kill the time waiting for an appointment or a bus

  8. #48
    Inactive Member spiritualized's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2002
    Posts
    154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    tho i'm going to make sure i start going to gigs there when they're on, ij ust never get round to signing up

  9. #49
    Inactive Member DJ-Ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2000
    Posts
    2,130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Most of them dont require you to be a member

  10. #50
    Inactive Member DJ-Ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2000
    Posts
    2,130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah and seemingly about me at the minute...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •